सं / No. A- 33053/1/2017 -ISTM
भारत सरकार / GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
सचिवालय प्रशिक्षण तथा प्रबन्ध संस्थान
INSTITUTE OF SECRETARIAT TRAINING & MANAGEMENT
(आईएसओ 9001:2008 संस्था / AN
कार्मिक एवं प्रशिक्षण विभाग / DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
प्रशासनिक ब्लाक, ज.ने.वि. परिसर (पुराना) / ADMINISTRATIVE BLOCK, JNU CAMPUS (OLD),
ओलोफ पाल्मे मार्ग, नई दिल्ली - 110067/ OLOF PALME MARG, NEW DELHI – 110067
दूरभाष / TELEPHONE – 011-26185312; टेलीफैक्स / FAX – 011-26104183
Dated the 1st February, 2017
1. The Secretary to the Govt. of India
2. The Chief Controller of Accounts/Controller of Accounts
3. The Head of Department, All Attached & Subordinate Offices.
Sub:- Training Circular – Special Programme on Pension and other Retirement Benefits for Under Secretaries/Section Officers and equivalent officers dealing with Pension cases (Code: PRB-1) will be conducted by this Institute from 01.05.2017 to 04.05.2017.
A special Programme on Pension and Other Retirement Benefits for Under Secretaries/Section Officers and equivalent officers dealing with Pension cases (Code: PRB-1) will be conducted by this Institute from 01-05-2017 to 04-05-2017.
2. The Programme particulars and nomination proforma are given in Annexure to this letter. You are requested to forward nominations of eligible officers, complete in all respects and in the prescribed form to the undersigned latest by 30th March, 2017.
3. Nominations in the prescribed Proforma may be submitted online which is available on our official website http://www.istm.gov.in under the link ‘Online Form’ well before the closing date, i.e. 27th March, 2017. Nomination, duly approved by the sponsoring authority, may be sent so as to reach this office latest by 30th March, 2017 alongwith the Nomination Form. The nomination received in the old nomination proforma or not sponsored by the competent authority or received after the last date will not be accepted.
4. ISTM has a modest hostel facility where AC rooms are available, on twin sharing, first come first served basis to the outstation participants only. The names of selected officials shall be placed on the website of ISTM under the link “Confirmed Nomination”. Only those candidates should be relieved, whose nominations have been accepted by this Institute and a confirmation to that effect is issued by ISTM.
Deputy Director & Course Director
Encl: As above.
To letter No. 33053/1/2017-ISTM
Course Information Sheet
Code : PRB1
Title : Special programme on “Pension and other Retirement Benefits” for Under Secretaries/ Section Officers and equivalent officers dealing with Pension cases.
Duration : Four days (1-4 May, 2017)
Aim of the Course
The objectives which the above Training Programme seeks to achieve are broadly to help the participants to:-
a) acquire a detailed knowledge and understanding of the provisions of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules,1972, Central Services (Commutation of Pension) Rules,1981, General Provident Fund (Central Services) Rules, 1960 Central Govt. Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1980 and New Pension Scheme etc.
b) develop an understanding and in-depth knowledge of the procedure relating to determination and authorization of pension, retirement gratuity, death gratuity and family pension;
c) share and exchange of practical experience and ideas in dealing with day-to-day problems in relation to grant of pension and other post-retirement benefits; and
d) sharpen their professional skills for the proper determination and authorisation of the benefits due to the pensioners.
Broad Contents of the Course
i) Scope and applicability of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972.
ii) Calculation of qualifying Service, average emoluments, determination and authorization of the amounts of pensionary benefits.
iii) Preparation of pension papers on retirement and on death of a Govt. servant.
iv) Provisions relating to TA on Retirement/Death of a Govt. Servant.
v) Provisions relating to encashment of leave.
vi) Scope and applicability of the General Provident Fund (Central Services) rules, 1960.
vii) Provisions relating to Central Govt. Employees Group Insurance Scheme.
viii) Overview relating to New Pension Scheme.
Lecture and Discussion method with case illustrations, wherever required, will be used. The participants will also have an opportunity of discussing actual problems faced by them in dealing with the specific cases in their organization.
Participants (Eligibility Condition)
Under Secretaries/Section Officers and equivalent officers of various Ministries/Departments dealing with Pension and other Retirement benefits and of equivalent levels in the Attached Offices of the Govt. of India.
Course Capacity : 30 Nos.
Course Fee and Other Expenses
In the case of persons nominated from Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies, a Capitation fee of Rs. 4000/- (Rupees four thousand only) will be charged. The capitation fee may be brought by the trainee concerned in the form of a Bank Draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of Assistant Director, ISTM, New Delhi.’ Other participants need not pay course fee.
ISTM has a modest hostel facility where AC rooms are available on payment basis. It will be on twin sharing and on first come first served basis. For details relating to the tariff and availability of accommodation at the ISTM Hostel, the participants may contact the Caretaker or Hostel Warden at Tele Fax No.011-26172571. Family members of the participants are NOT allowed to stay in the hostel with the participants.
Note: Candidates whose nominations are accepted by ISTM shall be intimated through ISTM’s website under the link “Accepted Nominations” as well as SMSs/e-mails. Only nominees whose nominations have been accepted by ISTM may be relieved to attend the course.